SOCIAL CONNECT

Thursday 26 November 2015

BREVNER SPEAKS ABOUT MADCHILD, THE BREVNER EP AND FUTURE COLLABORATIONS.



Baamogetswe: For the purpose of the followers, I'd start this interview by asking you for a brief breakdown of your origins, where you born where your based as current (etc)

Brevner: I'm born in Canada, but my heritage is Japanese and Trinidadian. When I'm not living out of a suitcase, Vancouver BC is home. I spent a lot of time in New York interning at various studios and doing film work for the coke boys and the late Chinx Drugz

Baamogetswe: Please tell us when your first encounter with hip-hop was, what did you hear or see that made you decide you want to pursue this as a career?

Brevner: I started writing poetry when I was 10 or so, and the first hip hop album I heard was "I am" by Nas. After hearing that I knew what I wanted to do with my life.

Baamogetswe: According do my research you have a new album out called  "Eclectricity" that Has a  West Coast Music Award nomination, what category were you nominated for? Can you tell us a little more about the album, the producers you worked with, featured artist etc...

Brevner: Eclectricity was nominated for a west coast music award for hip hop recording of the year. The album was mostly produced by myself with a couple tracks from my long-time friend and production partner Sonny Parmar.

Baamogetswe: Are you currently on tour?

Brevner: I am currently in Vancouver working on a new project.

Baamogetswe:  Before i ask I’d like to give props on your latest track "Waterloo" the production and bars are on point. What’s really on everyone dome is, "The Madchild Saga"

Brevner: To be honest the whole story is covered by the "Waterloo" track. That's what happened. I think it's resonated with people because of the brutal honesty. It's not name calling and fabricated insults like most "battle diss" records. It's more like a deposition

Baamogetswe: How are you and Snak the Ripper Affiliated?

Brevner: Snak and I are homies. I'm producing a few tracks on his upcoming album next year. We've bonded and become unlikely friends through that experience

Baamogetswe: What can we expect from Brevner in the future?

Brevner: I will be dropping a new album called the "Brevner EP" in January. I recently took down a majority of my old work in preparation because I feel that this project adequately represents where I've been, and where I'm headed as an artist. It was tough to take down my life's work to date... (Millions of YouTube views and
award nominations etc.) But a fresh start was needed.

Baamogetswe: Any artist you aspire to work with in the future, whether production or feature on the up and coming project?

Brevner: I hope to one day be a fly on the wall with Kanye West, or Thom Yorke (Radio head). Those are the musicians who I look up to most.
On the next project I've got some help from Project Pat (Three 6 mafia) king Louie (OVO) Riff Raff (Mad Decent) Rome Fortune (Fools Gold) Ant Live (TSA) Within Roots and Fembot.  Two local mega talents and some of my dearest friends

Baamogetswe:  In one word, how would you describe your sound?

Brevner: One word?  Raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment