SOCIAL CONNECT

Monday 6 February 2017

DANIEL SON SPEAKS ABOUT DIVIZION RIVALS, CRATE DIVIZION AND WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR IN 2017.

Baamogetswe: Peace fam, I've been meaning to do an interview with you for a minute now, for the purpose of the followers can you tell us a bit about yourself, where you’re from and where you grew up.

Daniel Son: What’s poppin my dude I’m a Jazz Vocalist from Brampton, Ontario, Canada just outside of Toronto I make music with the good people at Crate Divizion.

Baamogetswe: I always seem to ask this question in my interviews, but can you tell us what it is you heard or saw that made you decide "Fuck it, i wanna be a rapper"?

Daniel Son: I used to write raps when i was 11-12 years old I'd go to my cousins house and his dad had a studio in his basement and cassette tapes with old Big L tracks on it that made me wanna be a rapper from a young kid.

Baamogetswe: Quite a few things i actually wanna find like, The Gunners tape, was that your first project and if not when did you drop your first tape and what was it called?

Daniel Son: My first tape with Crate Divizion is called Moonshine Chemist that dropped in January 2015 then we dropped Parisian Connections in March 2015 with PhybaOptikz and myself rapping and Vic Grimes and Giallo Point on the production. The Gunners Tape fully produced by Giallo we dropped in August 2016 then we followed that up with Divizion Rivals w/ Saipher Soze in December 2016.

Baamogetswe: You've done a lot of work with Giallo Point, Vic Grimes and Saipher Soze, can you tell us a bit about your relationship with them, where do we get their material and is there anything specific we need to look out for?

Daniel Son: Soze and I been making music since we were 13 years old we have thousands of songs so this was just natural for us to make Divizion Rivals. Vic Grimes, Giallo Point and PhybaOptikz make up the Crate Divizion production team and I've been working with them for two years now. 

Baamogetswe: Divizion Rivals is your Latest Project with Saipher Soze, tell us a bit about the album, producers features etc..

Daniel Son: Divizion Rivals was basically in the making since me n Soze were 13 years old. We recorded it through October and November of 2016 and we dropped it December 26th. It has the full CDVZ team on it Giallo Point handled the bulk of the production Vic had 3 tracks on it and PO had 1 on it plus PO did the Artwork too. It features some of my friends from my area including Skuddy Rankz who was on The Gunners Tape, Blizz who's one of the best Reggae artists in Canada and my man Raspy who's one of the bullies around here. We also got Smoovth from Long Island, New York which was big to get him on there Im a big fan of Smoovth's work him and Giallo Point have a dope tape dropping real soon that I got a feature on. 

Baamogetswe: When you started rapping, did you ever think your craft could ever touch people abroad? Did you ever think your fan base would ever grow as far as South Africa??

Daniel Son: My moms side of the family is from Cape Town and Johannesburg I got mad love for South Africa my Grampa was a Legendary Cricket player for the South Africa Colored team before they moved to England then eventually to Canada. It’s crazy that our product is circulating international we have more buzz in Europe then we do in Canada so I embrace the international love they know what time it is when it comes to good music. 

Baamogetswe: What can we expect from Daniel Son in 2017? Where are you touring this year?  Have you ever considered South Africa? 

Daniel Son: More releases, Soze and I gonna follow up Divizion Rivals with another tape, me and PhybaOptikz dropping Parisian Connections 2 this year. Smoovth and Giallo Point are dropping their tape Medellin I have a verse on there that tape is guaranteed madness. We building up right now when the time is right for a tour we'll put that situation together I would love to come to South Africa and politic with you and my man Chron Burgundy. I got mad family in SA that I've never met before so its gonna happen one day. 

Baamogetswe: Who would you like to work with in future, be it locally or internationally? Are there any cats you aspire to collaborate with this year??

Daniel Son: I take pride in building with my own camp and the camps that are home team to us like The Winners. My man Lil Eto from Rochester, New York he was on The Gunners Tape we have more joints in the works. Recognize Ali is one of my favorite MCs out right got some work. Theres a lot of local talent out here that I shake hands with on the daily. I just aspire to keep building with my team and those inside the circle.

Baamogetswe: Can you give us a quick rundown of where to catch you rocking on stage for those in and around your area

Daniel Son: We got a couple shows coming up around our area which is called the GTA - Greater Toronto Area. We gonna be doing shows in the US and Internationally we building up right now for that they gonna see the progression. 

Baamogetswe: in one word, how would you describe your sound?

Daniel Son: Provocative 


VIDEOS 
TWITTER / INSTAGRAM - @DISSBBM 


No comments:

Post a Comment